There are many different eyeshadow palettes out these days, you can buy a huge palette with 100s of colours or build your own palette buying single colours. I like creating my own palettes but you can’t go far wrong with Sleek Makeup palettes. Each uniquely different, perfectly named and highly pigmented.
The colours and names.
Available in Superdrug, Boots aswell as other retailers. I have a number of these palettes and thought I would show you a daytime look using the Vintage Romance Palette.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- No7 Brilliantly Bare
- Rimmed Match Perfection – Ivory
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- MAC Eyeshadow – Vanilla & Soba
- Sleek Makeup : Vintage Romance Palette – A Vow in Venice & Love in London
- L’Oréal Super Liner – Black Lacquer
- Benefit Kohl Pencil – Onyx
- L’Oréal Mega Volume Mascara : Miss Magna – Black
- Model Co : More Brows – Medium/Dark
- No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick – Brick Red
Vintage Romance 1
Vintage Romance 2
Vintage Romance 3
If red lipstick is too much for your daily look swap it out for something more subtle or a nude lipstick. To tone down the eyes skip the winged eyeliner and just use mascara.
Mac Cosmetics have brought me a dream come true with their latest collection, I love Marilyn Monroe so much what an icon and now you can shop a collection which is true this stars style. The Hollywood movie star that is still adored my fans all over the world has inspired this timeless collection full of eye shadows, nail lacquers, eye liners and lipsticks. The names are worth a look too with names such as How to Marry and Forever Marilyn. There are 30 things to choose from.
- Deeply Adored – Deep scarlet (Matte)
- Charmed I’m Sure – Dark true red (Matte)
- Pure Zen – Warm nude (Cremesheen)
- Love Goddess – Mid-tone pink red (Satin)
- Scarlet Ibis – Bright orange red (Matte)
- Phiff! – Sheer yellow peach
- Little Rock – Soft sheer white with pearlized pigments
- Beet – Vivid reddish-pink
- Redd – Clearly red
- Cherry – Vivid bright blue/red
- How to Marry – Soft White (Veluxe Pearl)
- Preferred Blonde – Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
- Silver Screen – True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
- Showgirl – Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)
- Smolder – Intense black
- Fascinating – Intense matte white
- Penultimate Eye Liner Rapidblack – Rich deep carbon black
- Penultimate Brow Marker Universal – Natural warm taupe-brown
- Brow Finisher Clear – Sheer
- False Lashes Extreme Black – Carbon black
- Forever Marilyn – Sheer pale peach highlighter
- Legendary – Pale soft coral (Satin)
- The Perfect Cheek – Neutral pink beige (Matte)
- Vintage Vamp – Rich deep retro wine (Cream)
- Stage Red – Dark berry red (Cream)
- Flaming Rose – True red (Cream)
- Kid Orange – Coral (Cream)
- Rich, Rich, Rich – Glittery gold (Pearl)
- Lashes 35 Lash – Dramatic lash with emphasis on the centre of the lash
Only available in the United States at the moment, hope it comes to the UK.
M.A.C has invited their Facebook fans to vote for their favourite shades, from March 12 2012 18 popular lipsticks, lipglasses and eyeshadows from past collections have been up for the vote. The 3 shades with the most votes from each category will then return as an online exclusive, limited edition collection.
Up for the vote are the following shades:
- 3N as seen in N Collection (January 2008)
- Candy Yum Yum as seen in Quite Cute (April 2011)
- Eden Rocks as seen in Eden Rocks (May 2001)
- Moxie as seen in Retro Matte Lipsticks (September 1999)
- Rocker as seen in Time Rocker (Fall 1999)
- Shitaki as seen in Cuisine (March 2001)
- 2N as seen in N Collection (January 2008)
- Bait as seen in Lure (June 2006)
- Cult of Cherry as seen in Cult of Cherry (September 2008)
- Emancipation as seen in Wonder Woman (February 2011)
- Flash of Flesh as seen in M·A·C D’Bohemia (May 2005)
- Icescape as seen in Love Lace (December 2009)
- Cool Heat as seen in Cool Heat (June 2008)
- Guacamole as seen in Salsabelle (May 2005)
- Heavenly Bliss as seen in Eden Rocks (May 2001)
- Jeté as seen in Danse (January 2006)
- Moth Brown as seen in Madame B. (March 2005)
- Solar White as seen in Cool Heat (June 2008)
This collection is due out internationally in Fall 2012.
New to M.A.C IS the legendary mascara that plays it two ways, it now comes in an intense carbon pigment for a shade that is blacker than black. With its innovative dual-wiper system, get lashes that are naturally defined or loaded for full-on drama. Your lashes, your look, your call. What do you think?
Have you tried this?, how did it work for you?
I created a look mainly made up from my beauty boxes this month, I’ll review each product individually later (if I haven’t already) so check back for a look at what I thought of the product.
- GlossyBox Lipstick – Glossy Pink
I was trying to create a nice green look when I came across my Starry Eyes Trio, I was due to go out with the other half but in the end he ended up working late so this look went to was. Pity really because the pigment and sparkle this eye trio give off really are gorgeous. The Starry Eyes selection comes in 4 shades: Starstruck, Moon Dust, Neptune and the one I have which is Galactic.
“Perfect for creating the ultimate Club Queen look. Add the dark metallic green onto your top eyelids and apply a line under your bottom lashes. Use the lighter shade in the inner corner of your eyes and to create a super sexy look extend it outwards.”
I created this look using:
- Illamasqua Skin base Foundation – 4.5
- Benefit Erase Paste – Shade 1
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- 17 Starry Eyes Trio Eye Shadow – all colours
- MAC Eye Shadow – Steamy
- M.A.C Mascara – mascara x
- Duwop Lip Venom – Buttercup
- Duwop Private Lipstick – Nude
Mac’s first permanent nail lacquer collection consists of 30 beautiful shades with something for everyonea. The new high gloss formula has three finishes; cream, sheer and frosted. The visibly different formula provides no streak, no chip finish and also contains nail conditioners with uv protection.
The Shades are:
- Faint Of Heart
- Flaming Rose
- Vintage Vamp
- Mean and Green
- Deep Sea
- Midnight Tryst
- Spirit Of Truth
- Dark Angel
- Coffee Break
- Quiet Time
- Screaming Bright
- Girl About Town
- Saint Germain
- Girl Trouble
I love the colours but I’ve never been a huge fan of the MAC formula, since they have a new formula I’m thinking of trying Faint of Heart or Delicate.
Will you be buying any of the nail varnishes from this collection?
M.A.C Heavenly Creature cremesheen glass and Lipstick swatches, a few swatches were unavailable due to them been out of stock. Which were:
Cremesheen Glass – Galaxy Rose
Lipstick – Pleasureseeker , Cut A Caper , Venus and Firesign.
The rest are swatched below:
M.A.C Heavenly Creature Mineralize Eye Shadow Swatches, I am a huge fan of M.A.C Mineralize Eye Shadows as they usually have good colour pay off.
M.A.C Heavenly Creature – Mineralize Skinfinish Swatches, Still more to come…